Liege, Belgium, 24 June 2020 – 7:30 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces the New Drug Application (NDA) for Estelle® has been accepted for review by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA is expected to complete its review in the first half of calendar 2021.
- Consolidation of partnership with Mayne Pharma for commercialization of the combined oral contraceptive E4/DRSP (Estelle®) in Australia
- Mithra eligible for milestone and license fees of up to EUR 3.5 million
- Preparation ongoing for the commercial launch of Mithra’s oral contraceptive in the U.S. and Australia, targeted for H1 and H2 2021 respectively
Liege, Belgium, 28 May 2020 – 8:15 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health today announces it has entered into an exclusive 20-year license and supply agreement with Mayne Pharma Group Limited (“Mayne”) for the commercialization of its combined oral contraceptive E4/DRSP (Estelle) in Australia.
- Women are more likely than men to be spared by Covid-19, with less severe infections and lower mortality rates
- Protective role of estrogen against human coronaviruses already demonstrated during the SARS infection, and currently being tested in the U.S. among hospitalized patients
- Mithra plans to develop a research program to study Estetrol (E4) mechanism of action in the treatment of Covid-19.
Liège, Belgium, 25 May 2020 – 7:30 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces its intention to launch a Phase II study program to assess the potential beneficial effect of Estetrol (E4) on Covid-19 infection. E4 is a naturally occurring estrogen produced by the liver of the human fetus, passing in maternal blood at relatively high levels during pregnancy.
- Searchlight Pharma’s New Drug Submission for a novel combined oral contraceptive (COC) accepted for review by Health Canada
- Innovative product candidate developed by Mithra containing the unique native estrogen Estetrol (E4) and drospirenone (DRSP)
- Potential commercialization in Canada under the trademark Nextstellis® expected in mid 2021
LIEGE (Belgium) and MONTREAL (Canada), 20 May 2020 – 7:30 CEST – Mithra and Searchlight Pharma announced today that Health Canada has accepted Searchlight Pharma’s New Drug Submission (“NDS”) for a novel combined oral contraceptive (COC) product.
16 April 2020, Adelaide Australia and Liege, Belgium – Mayne Pharma Group Limited (ASX: MYX) and Mithra Pharmaceuticals SA (Euronext Brussels: MITRA) today announced that Mayne Pharma has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seeking marketing authorisation for E4/DRSP, a combined oral contraceptive indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women. If approved by the FDA, E4/DRSP is expected to be made available to patients in the US market in the first half of calendar 2021.
Liege, Belgium, 01 April 2020 – 17:45 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health today announces an update on the Donesta® Phase III Clinical Program called “E4 Comfort”, which aims at enrolling approximately 2200 menopausal women (40-65 years) and includes two pivotal studies: in North America (United States/Canada) launched in October 2019, and in Europe, Russia and South America launched in December 2019. For each pivotal study, women will be recruited in about 120 sites in the concerned areas.
Liege, Belgium, 03 March 2020 – 7:30 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has accepted its regulatory submission to market Estelle® in Belgium and Luxembourg. Estelle® is Mithra’s novel combined oral contraceptive (COC) product candidate, containing 15 mg Estetrol (E4) and 3 mg drospirenone (DRSP).
Liege, Belgium, 27 February 2020 – 17:45 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has accepted Gedeon Richter’s (hereinafter: “Richter”) regulatory submission for Estelle®, a combined oral contraceptive containing estetrol (E4) and drospirenone.
Developed by Mithra, the product candidate is composed of 15 mg estetrol (E4), a unique native estrogen and 3 mg drospirenone. E4 is produced by the human fetus, passing the maternal blood at relatively high levels during pregnancy. In two phase III clinical studies conducted in 3,725 women, E4/DRSP showed positive top-line results against primary efficacy and safety endpoints and achieved positive secondary endpoints including good bleeding profile, cycle control, and tolerability.
According to the relevant license agreement, Richter will commercialize the product in Europe, Russia and other CIS countries.
Graham Dixon, Chief Scientific Officer of Mithra Women’s Health, commented: “The submission to the EMA marks a significant step toward commercialization of Estelle® in Europe. With this submission we are on-track for potential market authorization in H1 2021. Estelle® promises to provide women with a new choice in oral contraception, combining efficacy with a much improved safety profile. In a space where there hasn’t been any innovation in decades, this will be a major breakthrough.”
- Estelle® to be the 1st Combined Oral Contraceptive (COC) based on an environmental friendly estrogen (E4)
- Environmental Risk Assessment study demonstrates absence of environmental risk for Estetrol (E4)
- E4 endocrine disruptive effects on the environment are insignificant in comparison to currently marketed estrogens commonly found in the aquatic environment
- E4 will contribute to preserve intact ground and surface waters and ecosystems in line with UN 2030 sustainable development goals
- Mithra grants exclusive license to Alvogen for commercialization of its combined oral contraceptive Estelle® in Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Agreement follows licensing deals for Estelle® with market leaders in U.S., Europe, Russia, Canada, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, Middle East and South Africa
Rue Saint-Georges 5
Tel. : +32 (0)4 349 28 22
Fax : +32 (0)4 349 28 21
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org