Liege, Belgium, 6 May 2021 – 17:45 CEST – In accordance with article 15 of the Belgian Act of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of major participations in issuers of which shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market and regarding miscellaneous provisions, Mithra Pharmaceuticals SA (the “Company” or “Mithra”) announces the below information, following the issuance of 1,023,000 new shares on May 6, 2021 for a total amount of EUR 3,500,520 as the result of the exercise of 620 subscription rights (warrants) pursuant to the warrant plan initiated on March 2, 2015.
Liege, Belgium, 28 avril 2021 – 21:15 CET – Mithra Pharmaceuticals SA (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, announces having been informed of François Fornieri’s indictment of alleged insider dealing charges following his audition held in Liège today by the federal judicial police.
Mithra reminds that since February 04, 2021, Mr. Fornieri no longer performs any management functions within the company and that the CEO function is now assumed by Mr Leon Van Rompay. Therefore, the indictment of Mr. Fornieri does not have any impact on the operational management of the company’s activities. Following the recent approvals obtained for its contraceptive product Estelle®, Mithra is more than ever focused on its ambitious objectives.
Liege, Belgium, 20 April 2021 – 7:30 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health today announces the publication of its 2020 Annual Report and the invitation to its ordinary and extraordinary general meeting of securities holders.
2020 Annual Report
The Annual Report which outlines Mithra’s achievements in 2020 includes the following information:
- Overview of Mithra’s R&D pipeline and Letter to Shareholders;
- Highlights of Mithra’s Strategy and Outlook for 2021;
- Management Report;
- Remuneration Report;
- Financial statements and notes.
The Annual Report is available in English and French and can be read (or downloaded in PDF) on the website report2020.mithra.com or on investors.mithra.com. In case of interpretation differences, the French version will prevail.
General Shareholders’ meeting
Mithra is pleased to invite its securities holders to its ordinary and extraordinary general shareholder’s meeting that will be held on Thursday May 20 2021 at 2:00 PM (CEST).
The notice for the General Shareholder’s Meeting including a description of the formalities to participate in the Meeting is available on the website investors.mithra.com.
15 April 2021, 22:30 CEST, Adelaide, Australia and Liege, Belgium: Mayne Pharma Group Limited (ASX: MYX) and Mithra Pharmaceuticals, SA (Euronext Brussels: MITRA) are very pleased to announce that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the New Drug Application (NDA) for the novel combined oral contraceptive Estelle® under the trademark Nextstellis® (15 mg Estetrol (E4) / 3 mg drospirenone (DRSP)). Mayne Pharma anticipates the commercial launch of Estelle® by the end of June 2021.
Budapest, Hungary – Liege, Belgium – 26 March 2021 – 13:15 CET – Gedeon Richter Plc. (“Richter”) and Mithra Pharmaceuticals (“Mithra”) today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a positive opinion for a novel combined oral contraceptive containing 15 mg estetrol (E4) and 3 mg drospirenone (DRSP). Subject to approval by the European Commission, the marketing authorization valid for all European Union Member States is expected to be granted by the end of the second quarter 2021. The product will be marketed in Europe by Richter under the brand name Drovelis®.
“Richter is dedicated to bring to market innovative treatment like Drovelis® that will widen the selection of products within the female contraception solutions”, said Erik Bogsch, Executive Chairman of Gedeon Richter Plc. “We are encouraged by this positive opinion from the CHMP and we shall do our best to make Drovelis® available to physicians and patients in Europe.”
“After Estelle® first approval granted in Canada early this month, we are very pleased with this positive opinion given by the European Medicines Agency”, said Leon Van Rompay, CEO of Mithra. “Being able to offer the result of so many years of work to women is a huge achievement for a biotech such as Mithra. It demonstrates the resilience of our teams which, despite of the turbulences caused by Covid-19, managed to take up the challenge with flying colors. We are pleased to collaborate on this exciting project with our long-standing partner Gedeon Richter as this further strengthens our successful partnership.”
Prof Jean-Michel Foidart, Permanent Secretary of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium, added: “We’ve been working on Estetrol, a native hormone produced by the human body during pregnancy, for more than ten years to develop a new generation contraceptive pill with a clear benefit/risk aiming to improve women’s quality of life. This product promises to be a major breakthrough in a space where there hasn’t been any innovation in decades.”
“This new product has an unique profile, significantly supports reproductive health preservation and conscious family planning. Estetrol combined with drospirenone represents a major innovation breakthrough in reproductive health and sets a new horizon for women around the world,” stated Professor Emeritus György Bártfai, the Chairman of the Egon and Ann Diczfalusy Foundation, founded in 2007 to preserve and forward professor’s spirit and legacy for the next generations.
- Strengthening of the financial resources and balance sheet structure via various funding transactions for an amount of EUR 260 million, diversifying the sources of financing
- Record cash position of EUR 138.7 million allowing the continuation of our Business Development strategy for Donesta® and R&D projects beyond Women’s Health, notably in Covid-19 treatment
- Licensing milestones from backlog contracts signed for Estelle® amount to more than EUR 450 million, with more than EUR 300 million cash to still be collected
- First marketing authorization (MA) obtained for lead asset Estelle® in Canada, with other MA expected in Europe and the United States in the first half of 2021
Liege, Belgium, 09 March 2021 – 7:30 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces its financial results for the year ended 31 December 2020, prepared in accordance with IFRS.
First E4-based product approved internationally
- Canadian regulatory approval is the first in the world for the novel combined oral contraceptive Estelle®
- Innovative product developed by Mithra containing the unique native estrogen Estetrol (E4) and drospirenone (DRSP)
- Approval supported by two large multinational Phase 3 studies conducted in 3,725 women
- Commercial launch in Canada anticipated mid-summer 2021
LIEGE (Belgium – 7:30AM CET) and MONTREAL (Canada – 7:00AM EST), March 8, 2021 – Mithra and Searchlight Pharma announce today that Health Canada has approved Estelle® under the trademark Nextstellis®, the first and only combined oral contraceptive (COC) product based on the unique native estrogen Estetrol (E4). Once launched, E4 will be the first new estrogen in a COC in the Canadian market in over half a century, and will be the only COC alternative to ethinyl estradiol-based COC pills in Canada.
Liege, Belgium, 04 March 2021 – 7:30 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health announces that it will host a live webcast on Tuesday, 9 March 2021 at 09:30 CET to present its 2020 financial and operating results.
To participate to the conference call, please register on this link,
A replay of the webcast will be available on the Mithra investor’s website shortly after the close of the call.
- Successful launch of Mithra’s hormonal contraceptive ring in Italy under the trademark Kirkos®
- Italy is the third largest European market and the fourth worldwide, with 2 million vaginal rings sold per year
- Mithra CDMO pursues the manufacturing of its Myring™ orders for new commercial launches planned for 2021
Liege, Belgium, 2 March 2021 – 7:30 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces the commercial launch of its vaginal contraceptive ring Myring™ in Italy.
• Publication of an article on Estelle® endocrine and metabolic parameters in prestigious Contraception Journal
• Article concludes on limited impact of Estelle® compared to Ethinylestradiol-based combined oral contraceptives
• Estelle® filing on going in the U.S., Europe and Canada, with expected marketing authorization in H12021
Liege, Belgium, 9 February 2021– 7:30 CET – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company dedicated to Women’s Health, today announces the publication of a scientific paper entitled “Endocrine and metabolic effects of an oral contraceptive containing estetrol and drospirenone” in Contraception Journal, one of the most prestigious peer-reviewed journals in the field. A link to this publication can be accessed here.
Rue Saint-Georges 5
Tel. : +32 (0)4 349 28 22
Fax : +32 (0)4 349 28 21
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org