https://www.mithra.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/USA-flag.jpg 1282 1920 Mithra Pharmaceuticals https://www.mithra.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/logo-mithra-women-s-health.png Mithra Pharmaceuticals2019-10-01 13:07:532019-10-01 13:07:53Mithra Signs Landmark Contract for Estelle® in the United States with Mayne Pharma
- Historical agreement with Mayne Pharma, who became the second largest supplier of oral contraceptives in the US after the acquisition of a portfolio of branded generic products from TEVA in 2016
- Record deal value for Estelle®. Potential gross revenues in Mithra’s worst-case scenario at a minimum of EUR 4,5 billion, which represents more than twice the size of European deal
- Mithra eligible for license fees of at least USD 295 million
- Mithra to be awarded 9.6% equity stake across two tranches in Mayne Pharma
- CDMO cross fertilization opportunities for both companies
Liege, Belgium, 01 October 2019 – 13:00 CEST – Mithra (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company specialized in Women’s Health, is very pleased to announce that it has signed a License and Supply Agreement (LSA) with Mayne Pharma Group Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Mayne”), a leading Women’s Health player in oral contraceptives in the United States (US), for an exclusive license to commercialize Estelle® in the US. Estelle® is Mithra’s novel combined oral contraceptive (COC) product candidate based on Estetrol (E4) 15 mg and drospirenone (DRSP) 3 mg, with a unique benefit/risk profile. E4 is a native estrogen produced by the human foetal liver during pregnancy. Following more than 20 years of research and development, Mithra can now produce E4 at scale through a complex plant-based (soja) production synthesis process.