Liège, Belgium, 18 January 2017 – Mithra Pharmaceuticals (Euronext Brussels: MITRA), a company focused on women’s health, today announces that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued a Notice of Allowance for U.S. Application Serial Number 14/238,310 a patent which covers the use of Estetrol (E4) as an emergency contraceptive.
- Mithra has set up scientific advisory boards composed of international experts to support the development of Donesta®, its product candidate for menopause based on Estetrol (E4).
- The North American scientific advisory board, set up by Mithra, is aiming at gathering additional development guidance from international experts in the menopause field.
- Letter of Intent between Mithra and Xianju, market leader in China, for Estetrol-based products in Women’s Health; multiple indications to be determined in common agreement
- Chinese clinical trials to be conducted and financed by Xianju
Liège, Belgium 16 November 2016 – Mithra Pharmaceuticals is pleased to announce it has signed a Letter of Intent with Zhejiang Xianju Pharmaceutical to work towards a broad partnership on Estetrol in Women’s Health, in multiple indications to be determined in common agreement. Both parties intend to finalize their partnership in an agreement before the end of February 2017.
Liège, Belgium, 23rd September 2016 –Today, Mithra announces that Christiane Malcorps will be proposed as a new member of Mithra’s Board of Directors (Mithra SA) during the next Shareholders meeting. She also is appointed as member of the Board of Mithra’s CDMO (Development and production center).
Liège, Belgium 23rd September 2016 – Mithra announces today that the first patient has been randomized in the American Phase III clinical trials for its Estetrol-based product candidate Estelle® (E4/DRSP). The enrollment of this first patient marks the official launch of the Estelle® (E4/DRSP) Phase III clinical trial in United States. With this, the Phase III is fully in line with the timing and objectives announced in the Prospectus.
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals announces today the publication of a scientific paper highlighting the reduced haemostatic effects of the Estetrol (E4)/Drospirenone (DRSP) combination, namely the Estelle® product candidate developed by Mithra, in a comparative study with another combined oral contraceptive.
- The published results are particularly interesting for the scientific community, as they suggest a low procoagulant effect of the E4/DRSP combination that should be clinically verified for low antithrombotic consequences.
- The Contraception Journal is an international journal on reproductive health ranked among the best publications in the fields of obstetrics and gynaecology. The Contraception Journal is well-known among worldwide specialists and serves as a reference in the medical sphere.
Liège, Belgium, 8 September 2016 – Mithra Pharmaceuticals announces today the publication of a paper in the peer-reviewed Contraception Journal.
- Mithra signs its first major partnership agreement for Estelle, in line with its strategy to partner out its lead Estetrol-based products earlier for territories outside of the EU and US
- Mithra’s partner, Fuji Pharma, the leader in the Japanese contraception and dysmenorrhea market, obtains the rights to commercialize Estelle®, Mithra’s oral contraceptive product candidate based on Estetrol, in Japan and ASEAN, representing a total market of EUR 330 million annual sales.
- The 20-year partnership agreements, which include exclusive supply by Mithra from its CDMO, generate upfront milestones of up to EUR 26 million, of which EUR 10 million is paid at signature.
Liège, Belgium 31 August 2016 – Mithra Pharmaceuticals, a company dedicated to Women’s Health, is extremely pleased to announce it has signed its first major partnership agreement for Estelle®.